Position Listing – Store and Gallery Manager, Retail and Marketing Specialist
Full time: Tuesday – Saturday
Job Summary: Gateway Arts seeks a Store & Gallery Manager to oversee the development, marketing, and sale of art in its store and gallery in Brookline Village, MA. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial professional who’s passionate about art, creativity, and social justice.
Gateway Arts is an internationally acclaimed art studio for adults with disabilities. Gateway Arts facilitators work with artists to help them achieve career goals by cultivating their creative interests, skills, and practices. The artists exhibit and sell artwork in an onsite and online store and gallery and receive a 50% commission on all art sales. For many, sales are an affirmation of the quality of their work, their professionalism, and their commitment to their craft. Store sales are also an important income source supporting Gateway’s nonprofit business model. As such, the Store & Gallery Manager is a vital link between our artists and the marketplace. Gateway Arts is a service of Vinfen, New England’s most comprehensive provider of human services to individuals with disabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
· Working closely with artists and staff to identify their retail potential, goals, and expectations.
· Working closely with Gateway Marketing Team to align store and gallery programs to drive engagement in person and online.
· Managing daily sales.
· Maintaining inventory, which includes paintings, drawings, ceramics, woven items, clothing, jewelry, cards and more.
· Supervising and training volunteers.
· Providing excellent customer service.
· Creating and maintaining a welcoming, aesthetically vibrant, environment for all visitors and guests.
· Preparing cash reports and merchandise orders.
· Driving online sales.
· Researching and developing new products
· Attending staff and marketing meetings.
· Identifying and facilitating community partnerships and offsite sales opportunities.
· Utilizing various social media platforms to promote Gateway Arts and communicate with our audience.
· Seeking an energetic, positive, and collaborative professional with retail experience, and a demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and team player.
· Must have excellent computer skills and be detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred. Art background, and some human service experience helpful.
· Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
· Must follow current COVID protocols, meet state requirements, and participate in program duties.
Vinfen offers a very competitive benefits package.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls.
60-62 Harvard Street
Brookline, MA 02445