We are a dedicated team.
At Gateway Arts, our team of administrative leadership and direct service staff members have professional art backgrounds, and experience in providing human services. Working here provides a rare opportunity to combine the arts with human services. Our staff members are highly trained, possessing Masters degrees in Fine Art, Art Therapy, Human Services, and Arts Management, as well as extensive internal First Aid, CPR, MAP, and Safety Care certifications.
Gateway also offers a wide array of professional opportunities through volunteer, internship, and work-study programs. These programs provide direct experience working with individuals with diverse diagnoses, strengths, and needs, including but not limited to: developmental and psychiatric disabilities, traumatic brain injury, autism spectrum disorders, visual and hearing deficits, learning disabilities, and behavioral disorders.
We are hiring!
Artist / Studio Facilitator working in New Media, Full-time
Our team is looking for a dedicated individual to join our staff as a full-time Studio Facilitator.
In this position you will:
- Work with adults making art, particularly in new media: writing for publication, blogging, and exploring new media by working on tablets and computers.
- Substitute in more traditional art studios: painting, drawing, pottery, fibers, jewelry, and activities.
- Work with over 100 individuals with developmental disabilities; including autism spectrum disorders, intellectual disabilities, also people with psychiatric disabilities.
- Provide clinical supports to meet state and program requirements.
- Be part of a dynamic work environment and community, and receive good benefits.
An ideal candidate:
- Must be a self starter, detail oriented with good oral and written communication skills.
- Have s strong art background.
- Be passionate about working to support and promote artists with disabilities.
- Have some human service experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Please put “Artist / Teacher Position” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
To learn more about opportunities to join the team at Gateway Arts: